Monday, April 11, 2005

venerable vermin seeks to begin!

You're searching, Joe, for things that don't exist; I mean beginnings.
Ends and beginnings -- there are no such things. There are only middles.
-Robert Frost

It's a wrong place you have come searching. I'm no torchbearer, no hero, no celebrity.
I dwell in anonymity, in the dark dungeons of my nebulous thoughts. In the grand
cosmic game, i'm no king, no bishop, no mover or shaker, but a mere pawn; a puppet
rather than a pupetteer. In this 'animal farm', I'm merely a vermin, sitting on the fence,
keenly observing the worldly spectacle. And yet i'm no ordinary dot, to be so easily effaced from the realms of existence. Quite proficient in juggling the masks, so rather a venerable vermin!

Ah, my Belov'ed fill the Cup that clears
To-day Past Regrets and Future Fears:
To-morrow!--Why, To-morrow I may be
Myself with Yesterday's Sev'n Thousand Years.

-The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

No comments: